THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
Overcoming the Disputes of Hospitality Technology
To reduce friction and lower costs and vendor management efforts, evaluation and selection of a cloud-based distribution technology vendor is mandatory. The provider can supply three capabilities―WBE with proven user experience (UX) record, CRS, and Channel Manager.
FREMONT, CA: With the advent of the “digital way of life,” the customer journey has turned out to be increasingly multifaceted, forcing hoteliers to renovate not only their corporate and marketing strategies but also their technology stack. In order to engage, acquire, and retain the digitally-enabled travel consumers across multiple digital touch-points, hoteliers are integrating their digital channels and devices.
Contemporary hospitality is being transformed into a 100 percent digital technology-enabled industry powered by mobile, cloud, IoT, AI and Blockchain tools and applications. Digital technology is creating its path into every facet of the industry from hotel operations, guest services, and communications to revenue management, distribution, and marketing.
Types of Digital Hospitality Technology:
By setting aside the traditional hotel operations, there are two categories of digital guest-facing technology:
• Guest Appointment, Acquirement and Retention Technology: Technology applications based on bringing the guest to the property, continuing the conversation, and eventually turning the guest into a loyal and repeat guest.
• Guest Services Technology: On-property hardware devices and appliances, and software applications (on-premises or cloud-based) that provide or enhance guest services.
Guest Engagement, Acquisition, and Retention Technology:
Categories in which the hospitality industry can excel in dramatically include:
• Online Distribution Technology: The industry has become somewhat better at adopting online distribution technology by employing cloud-based website booking engines (WBE), central reservation systems (CRS), and channel management platforms.
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Technology: Many independent operators have no meaningful CRM application as part of their hotel technology stack. A CRM platform typically provides guest profile data management with ongoing communications, marketing automation, and recognition programs.
• Digital Marketing Technology: All marketing initiatives of the property involve digital technology and applications. Marketing is used to engage consumers in the planning phases, booking stages, and in the post-stay period.
• Website Technology: The property or hotel website has become the center of all hoteliers' efforts to engage, acquire, and retain the customer. Any marketing attempts of the hotel today lead the potential customers to the hotel website.