Artificial Intelligence Is Revamping ERP
The use of Artificial Intelligence in the enterprise technology system has been a burning issue among the tech gurus and the industrial sector. The role of AI is not restricted to only smartphones; it has paved the way into the realm of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology. AI is advancing and proving to be an extraordinary tool to revolutionize business for organizations globally.
Since ERP systems combine all the departments in an organization, the technologies that they have introduced can mostly impact the profitability of a business. From chatbots that use NLP to interact with the customers to the manufacturing sector that customizes on the fly, and warehouse that can order goods based on the predictions of future orders, these are some of the features of ERP systems that can impact businesses hugely.
• Virtual assistants: Chatbots responds to queries and answers within seconds. They can handle all the daily chores like scheduling appointments with the doctor, answering phone calls, setting the alarm, etc. Employees can use chatbots to check workflow, financial data, and inventory and also to perform sophisticated analyses.
• Cargo sensors: Global supply chain managers can use sensors to track the exact location of the ships, containers, and trucks to keep a check on the route and adjust it if necessary, save fuel costs, protecting sensitive cargo from extreme weather conditions and also to keep a check on potential theft.
• Smart Warehouses: AI can be used to determine the layout and designing of a new warehouse, improve the existing warehouse, update picking methods, or optimize staffing levels for varied reasons.
• Mobile Applications: These apps will be the ‘must-have’ tools to respond to real-time production changes. Immediate mobile access on the shop floor will allow users to handle any issues related to production, or any equipment failure and information about the wasted material. Supervisors can also receive notifications and alerts on work orders, the latest information about product availability to avert problems if they occur.
• Automated purchasing agents: AI agents can operate on behalf of the buyers and negotiate the best deals based on the existing market conditions. Once the contract is signed, the system will go through and monitor the supplier performance and request actions if quality, cost or delivery key performance indicators are missed. Human interference is required when a supplier fails to respond.
• Human Resource: AI will scan, read and evaluate applicants and can eliminate the majority of them from the recruiting process based on their performance. AI can also determine who should get the appraisal and who might be dissatisfied with their work-life and can help the employees in solving their problem.
• Customer service: When a client wants a field service, AI solution can make use of that knowledge about the required skill set, an employee’s qualification, and their performance evaluations and assist with the planning and scheduling of service calls.
• Sales Automation: AI plays an essential role in the sales segment as they bring an excessive amount of data from outside the organization to help in making a comprehensive profile of their targets.
Technology is advancing at a rapid pace to keep up with the needs of the customers. ERP which is considered as the backbone of an organization can bring out a positive change in business growth. There will be many new technologies coming up in the future to enhance customer experience and also improve profitability.